Being restricted to a wheelchair can bring about a large group of medical conditions, going from compel bruises to back torment. These issues are principally caused due to investing extensive stretches of energy in one position. Notwithstanding, while you might not have a decision about this, there are a couple of things you can do to build your solace even out and diminish the difficult impacts even while you are wheelchair bound. This is the place where the back and cushion that you pick assume a significant part.
Various Types of Cushions Available
There are three primary kinds of cushions and the advantages and disadvantages of each sort:
- Foam cushions are lightweight and low upkeep and they are likewise the least expensive of the relative multitude of alternatives. On the other side in any case, they will in general pack and base out with stretched out sitting and should be supplanted regularly whenever they’ve lost their shape.
- Gel cushions offer better dispersion of weight, which implies lesser probability of creating pressure wounds. Be that as it may, gel cushions are heavier than the froth ones and do not offer sufficient insurance against effects and vibrations. They too will in general even consider losing their shape subsequent to sitting for significant stretches of time.
- Air cushions have various minuscule interconnected, air-filled pockets, which offer much better weight conveyance just as upgraded level of shock ingestion. The back cushion significant burden of these cushions is their high unsteadiness, which makes the individual influence temperamentally from one side to another. These are likewise very costly and high upkeep.
Various Types of Backrests
Backrests also are produced using various materials and the best one for you relies on your prerequisites and use.
- Canvas backrests are the standard element on most wheelchairs. These are the most well known as they are lightweight, moderate and can be supplanted effectively when required.
- Rigid backs are more costly than material however they are longer enduring as well. They are normally utilized for postural amendment and furthermore for wellbeing when lean back and force slant are being utilized.
- Air backs are great for people who need moderate to high lumbar support.
- Adjustable back offers extra movability for a definitive in solace.
The Role of the Wheelchair Back and Cushion
Both, the back just as the cushion offer you much required postural support and shield your spine and back from the many knocks that are unavoidable as you move around in your contraption. The cushion additionally offers you the cushioning that is so important to stay away from pressure bruises from creating.